Locum Tenens week was created as a way for the locum tenens industry to recognize clinicians like you who practice on a temporary basis. Without you filling coverage gaps, millions of patients would go without care every year.
We understand these past few years have been uniquely challenging for you and your colleagues. Words cannot express our appreciation for what you do nor our admiration of your exemplary professionalism and dedication to patient care. But we’re always looking for ways to give back.
This year, we’re thinking about what it takes to get you to your assignments: travel. Our unflagging travel department makes your arrangements and ensures that you have what you need to complete your assignment, but sometimes unexpected things happen along the way.
As an organization, we strive to do more than express words. We also provide resources that will help keep you, your belongings, and your data safe on the road.
With that in mind, we offer these 8 tips on how to stay safe while traveling on your locum tenens assignment:
- Install a virtual private network (VPN) app to prevent WiFi snooping that can compromise your data.
- Get an RFID-security wallet to protect your credit card information from being swiped by high-tech devices.
- Enable location settings on your phone so loved ones can find you in the event of an emergency.
- Track the location of your bags and valuables with an Apple AirTag or Tile device.
- Bring a phone charger and cables of varying lengths for your car and hotel to prevent a dead phone battery.
- Put important items in carry-on bags so that you have what you most need with you if your bags are lost.
- Take pictures of important documents you might need while traveling.
- Use a car phone mount to view your phone when navigating to your assignment safely.
So, safe travels to you… because we care about you as much as you care for your patients. Thank you for choosing to be a locum tenens provider.